For the good life To Friends nature For self-realization Always think of the universe and For the completion of the life
2026년 9월 10일 목요일
at the Daegwallyeong Natural Recreation Forest in Gangneung at Korea.
Daegwallyeong, My Temple
Ahead of a family gathering in Samcheok at Korea this weekend, I arrived a bit early at the Daegwallyeong Natural Recreation Forest in Gangneung at Korea.
As I stepped into the forest, the tall trees and the roaring mountain stream seemed to sing together in full harmony. Walking among the trees, the clear water, the drifting clouds, and the open sky, a quiet thought crossed my mind: “Could this place be my temple?” Indeed, nature and the vast universe itself ought to be our true temples.
Whenever I step into a library, I often feel a sacred calm, as if entering my own sanctuary. Walking through this forest gave me that exact same feeling. It brought to mind the ancient words of the Psalmist:
"Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere."
Understanding that a single day spent in a sacred space is richer than a thousand days anywhere else, my heart grew naturally clear and tranquil with every step along the pine tree trail.
For this trip, I brought along books on Confucianism, as well as works on Istanbul and Islamic culture. Reading quietly in the forest, I found myself reflecting on the Confucian scholars of the Joseon Dynasty. Why were they so deeply obsessed with Neo-Confucian ideology? From a modern perspective, it seems hard to fully grasp. Yet, history has a way of repeating itself. I wondered if future generations might look back at our present era with the exact same confusion, asking:
"Why on earth did North and South Korea remain locked in such extreme hostility for so long?"
Just as we look back at the ideological debates of the past, what seems so absolute to us today may look utterly strange to those in the distant future.
Deep in the mountains, autumn has already fully arrived. The temperature hovers between 10°C (50°F) in the cool mornings and 20°C (68°F) during the day. Watching the fallen leaves scattered along the path, I can feel that late autumn is right around the corner. Once again, another year is slipping away so effortlessly.
Yet, time feels different here in the woods. Trees never rush. The mountain stream never hurries. The clouds simply drift. Without any haste, seasons change with quiet precision. I whisper to myself: “Do not rush, but do not stop either.”
Opened in 1989, Daegwallyeong is known as Korea’s very first national natural recreation forest. Perhaps because of its long history, or because of its majestic Geumgang pine trees and deep valleys, the forest feels almost like a secluded monastery. Having visited many recreation forests over the years, this place makes the others feel like mere imitations. Here, surrounded by towering pines and the powerful roar of the stream, one cannot help but enter a state of inner reflection.
Gazing into the crystal-clear stream, I wish for my own mind to become just as clear. Over the years, how much dust has accumulated in my heart from the busyness of the world? Worries, regrets, and endless ambitions—it is time to let them go, one by one. Walking, reading, reflecting, and walking again, my mind slowly regains its transparency.
When I return home, I plan to ground myself once more with focus and deep engagement. I want to complete the remaining chapters of my life in vibrant, rich colors—reading more deeply, thinking more clearly, and living with purpose.
Nature is my temple,
the library is my sanctuary,
reading and reflection are my prayers,
and learning and action are my worship.
May the years ahead bring us all a peaceful, radiant, and truly meaningful golden age.
피드 구독하기:
댓글 (Atom)
댓글 없음:
댓글 쓰기